Alec Illustration
Portfolio Books Coloring About Contact Blog

March 5, 2015

2014 Recap: Highlights Magazine - Part 3

This week I'm continuing to post some of my work that was published in Highlights Magazine during 2014.  The following hidden picture drawings were printed in the Eagle-Eye Hidden Picture series.  They were part of the Gabby's Journal feature, which follows a little girl as she travels around the United States of America with her family.

First up is the Liberty Bell which appeared in issue 27.  It was cool drawing this landmark because my extended family is all from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where the Liberty Bell resides.


Next up was the Cherry Blossoms in Washington D.C. which appeared in issue 29.  Did you know that the Cherry Blossom trees were a gift to the United States from Japan?  Talk about a gift that keeps on giving!  I visited these trees in March a few years back with my wife Claire, and it was a wonderful experience for us both.  


Washington D.C. has so many great, free museums... one of which you'll see next week as we continue the tour of American landmarks that I drew for Highlights in 2014!

No comments: