Alec Illustration
Portfolio Books Coloring About Contact Blog

March 31, 2015

100 Watercolors #67 - Playing The Melody

I once again based this one off an old idea, a thank-you painting that I made for Carson Ellis.  I wanted to try a watercolor technique I had not really used yet on this one, where I draw with the paint.  One of my favorite watercolor illustrators, Scott C. uses this technique a lot, so I thought I'd give it a try for the thought bubble and the dream guitar (which may be based on a certain guitar, from a certain favorite band of mine...)

I think I probably made the dream lines a bit too dark, but it's still got a softer feeling than the black ink lines.  Anyway, it was an experiment and it put another technique into my tool belt!


As mentioned last week, I'm going to start posting these twice a week so I'll have another watercolor for you all on Thursday.

The next theme: Hero!

No comments: