Alec Illustration
Portfolio Books Coloring About Contact Blog

July 17, 2013

Air Guitar

Back in 2006 my buddy Aaron Renier gave me one of the most amazing birthday gifts I have ever received: an original drawing by Carson Ellis (who is one of my favorite illustrators).  This was very cool of Aaron, because he had had to trade Carson one of his original drawings to get the piece in question, but it was also very cool of Carson, because she had no idea who I was.  

I decided to send her a little painting as a thank-you present:



I always like this idea of playing a guitar in a thought bubble as an "air guitar."  Anyway, you can see that my watercolors have come a long way since 2006!

I am posting this old work to get it back online after I stopped using Flickr to display my illustration work.

No comments: