Alec Illustration
Portfolio Books Coloring About Contact Blog

November 28, 2012

2012 Blog Archive Image

Every year I try to sum up my plans and goals in one illustration for the archive page of my personal blog.  It is a fun challenge, and when seen in order, these illustrations kind of tell the story of my life these past few years:
  • 2004 - Moving to New York.
  • 2005 - Working 40 hours a week as an office temp.
  • 2006 - Going back to school at Pratt Institute.
  • 2007 - Graduating from Pratt, mentally preparing to begin freelancing.
  • 2008 - Working 100 hours a week as a freelancer in Brooklyn.  
  • 2009 - Moving to Vermont, to focus on my comics.
  • 2010 - Getting really into pinball, taking a chance on love.
  • 2011 - The gamble pays off!  Claire moves to Vermont (drawn with Claire!)
Which brings us to 2012, in which Claire and I moved to California together.  I forced myself to quickly draw this in my sketchbook last weekend, even though I am super busy these days, because the year is almost over and I still didn't have an image for the archive!


I wonder what I'll draw next year...

No comments: