Alec Illustration
Portfolio Books Coloring About Contact Blog

April 18, 2008

Hermione Granger


For this week's Harry Potter Drawing Challenge I drew a very studious Hermione Granger, working hard to rack up another top mark. It has been a lot of fun working on these Harry Potter drawings, and I'm happy to announce that I will be doing some more Harry Potter themed illustration work for one of my favorite bands, Harry and the Potters.

As an added bonus while I finish up this series of drawings, I thought I'd post some process pictures of a postcard I'm doing for Harry and the Potters. Below is the super-rough thumbnail that I used to pitch my idea. I have seen these guys play in some pretty bizarre/cool spaces, so I thought I could depict the band playing in an odd place in the wizarding world, namely, on top of the Hogwarts Express at Platform 9 3/4! Next week I will post the pencils.



And actually I might be a bit late in posting next week, as I am heading West this week to go to the Stumptown Comics Festival!

No comments: