Alec Illustration
Portfolio Books Coloring About Contact Blog

April 12, 2008

Hagrid



Well, after a week off, I'm back to working on Matthew Reidsma's Harry Potter Drawing Challenge. This time I needed to draw the Hogwarts grounds keeper, Hagrid.

My favorite description of Hagrid, is that he looks "too big to be allowed." And I thought there was no time he would seem bigger than when floating across the lake with a new batch of first-years. Then I thought about that time Dennis Creevey fell into the lake...

After checking his entry in The Harry Potter Lexicon however, I realized that Dennis crossed the lake in a horrible rain storm and the giant squid SAVED him, instead of pulling him IN to the water... So, um... I guess this is just some random students from a different year! :P

No comments: