Alec Illustration
Portfolio Books Coloring About Contact Blog

March 22, 2008

Wormtail, Dobby Vs. Kreacher!



Here are the next two characters from the Harry Potter Drawing Challenge I am undertaking. These were some action packed excerpts! Poor Wormtail is about to sacrifice his hand to help bring back Lord Voldemort, and Dobby and Kreacher are going at it! I had to look up the scene where these two house elves duke it out, which allowed me to go into greater detail with their costumes.

There's eight more characters to go, though I might sprinkle in some other work I've been doing here and there. Then it will be on to another drawing challenge, which I have already picked out!

7 comments:

Chris Schweizer said...

I love these SO much. I like that you haven't seem to have been influenced by the films - your wormtail is solid, and solidly yours.

Alec Longstreth said...

Thanks Chris, that means a lot to me! I am definitely trying to stray away from the movie renditions of these characters. For each drawing I am sticking to the original TEXT, and additionally, I'm trying to only grab moments from books 1-6 since this was SUPPOSED to be done leading up to book 7!

tomm said...

hi alec,

i was recently in brussels and wandered into a lovely comic shop called "the apartment".
they had a small english language section and your "phase 7" comics had little notes on them recommending them highly. I picked them up and was very taken with your auto bio issues. Very inspiring. I have been a comics fan for a long time but have spent most of my working life in animation. Its so inspiring to read how disciplined you are about your work ..just getting on with it while I idly dream about it. Thanks for those little auto bios, they were a good kick in the pants for me to get on with drawing more comics.

Thanks and keep up the good work,

Tomm

Alec Longstreth said...

Tomm - Wow! That's so great to hear you saw some of my Comics in Brussels. My friend Max, who is also a cartoonist ordered them. I'm going to be working with his publisher http://employe-du-moi.org/ on a project soon. So there will be more Phase 7 in Europe! :) Thanks for the kind note.

Aaron Renier said...

Hey Alec, I never look on here... but I would have to say Neville Longbottom, and Wormwail, are some of my favorite drawings by you. Really amazing.

Aaron Renier said...

my comment sounds weird now that i read it... i never came to this blog before. And those two drawings are like... my favorite drawings by you. So much... energy. So good.

Alec Longstreth said...

Ha ha, no worries Aaron, I knew what you meant. And thanks for the kudos! It means a lot coming from you.