Alec Illustration
Portfolio Books Coloring About Contact Blog

February 19, 2015

2014 Recap: Highlights Magazine - Part 1

Okay, last week I showed some of my work that was published in Highlights Magazine during 2013.  This week we have finally made it up to 2014.  The following hidden picture drawings were made for the Gabby's Journal feature in the Eagle-Eye Hidden Picture series, which follows a little girl as she travels around the United States of America with her family.

In issue 21 Gabby stopped by the Old North Church in Boston, Massachusetts.  Well, when I think of Boston, I think of my cartoonist pal Liz Prince who has lived in the Boston area as long as I've known her.  I decided to sneak her into my drawing, walking a dog.  In reality, it would be more likely that Liz would be hanging out with her cats Dracula and Wolfman, but I couldn't figure out a way to get them outside with her in this park!


In issue 24 Gabby and her family visited Arches National Park in Utah.  Both of these were a lot of fun to color because of the bright orange of the rocks and autumn leaves respectively.  


Next week we'll continue the tour of American landmarks that I drew for Highlights in 2014!


1 comment:

Jill said...

Wow! I loved Highlights magazine when I was a kid. It is so cool that you've had the opportunity to illustrate for them!