Alec Illustration
Portfolio Books Coloring About Contact Blog

August 5, 2013

Joan of Arc Spot

I'm pretty sure this was my first ever published illustration.  It was drawn for The Zinester's Guide to Portland.  I was living in Portland at the time, and I remember I biked down to draw this sculpture in person.  I had a horrible bike wreck on my way there - flipped over my handlebars, bent my front wheel in half - so this was drawn while I was bloody and bruised.  That might be why it never occurred to me that Joan of Arc is supposed to be carrying a flag in this sculpture.  I guess it was being repaired or something on the day that I drew it.  Oh well, what you see here is what made it into the book!


I am posting this old work to get it back online after I stopped using Flickr to display my illustration work.

No comments: