Alec Illustration
Portfolio Books Coloring About Contact Blog

July 25, 2012

100 Watercolors #37 - Eyes

For this week's theme I decided to create a Halloween image, with a witch.  It was really hard to not make her skin green!  I guess The Wizard of Oz is pretty deeply embedded in my visual vocabulary...


I have long since learned that it is easier to work on two of these paintings at the same time, so that I can switch back and forth as I'm waiting for paint to dry.  So this one, along with last week's, really felt like a breakthrough.  I kept dropping more pigment into the larger areas while they were still wet to get some cool blending effects.  I will definitely experiment more with this technique in future posts!

2 comments:

Shelley Whiting said...

I love the drawing. It is very funny. I love the eyeballs in the pot.

Alec Longstreth said...

Thanks for the kind words, Shelley! Glad you enjoyed this one.