Alec Illustration
Portfolio Books Coloring About Contact Blog

October 12, 2011

Paul and Alison Wedding Photo Watercolor

Okay, I thought this week I would take a break from the 100 Watercolors challenge to show you guys a commission I painted for some friends of mine this summer.  Those of you who are familiar with my Phase 7 comics will no doubt remember my friend Paul who loaned me his copy of Understanding Comics, thus changing my life forever.  Well, Paul wrote me this summer to see if I could repaint one of his wedding photos as a watercolor, for his wife as an anniversary present.

Here is the original photo of Paul, his wife Alison and their dog James:


And here is the watercolor that I made, based on the photo.



Obviously, I pumped up the colors a lot for this, but I also played with reality a bit and turned James's head and got rid of his harness, to make things a bit more picturesque.  This was a lot of fun to work on because Paul and Alison are great friends!

Next week's theme (for real this time): Blood!

3 comments:

Paul said...

And we LOVE it!!!

Anonymous said...

It really is one of the best things I've ever gotten. Thanks Alec ;)

Alec Longstreth said...

Glad you like it P&A . Much love to you both! :)