Alec Illustration
Portfolio Books Coloring About Contact Blog

May 5, 2011

Nickelodeon Gag #12

Okay, we've made it all the way into my 2008 gags for Nickelodeon Magazine.  This was the only gag of twelve that I sent them, which was approved in January of 2008.  I guess I was getting rusty or something.  Anyway, I thought this one about a forbidden love was pretty funny, so I was glad that it made the cut:


I've only got one more batch of gags to share, and they should be wrapped up by early June.  Then I'll have some new work up here.  I'm hoping to jump back into the 100 watercolor challenge this summer!

3 comments:

Ryan Claytor said...

I clicked that link to the 100 Watercolor challenge and saw 9 of them. Did you finish 100 watercolor illos? ...was that a challenge you made for yourself? What timeframe/restrictions did you allow? Curious about this one.

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

Alec Longstreth said...

Hey Ryan. It was originally a manga challenge I think. You could do a page of comics for each? Or a drawing? I originally saw Maris Wicks's 100 Themes and thought it would be a good way to work on my watercolor skills.

I never finished it. I have the 9 that you saw, final ideas for another 34, and finished pencils for 6 of those. I'm hoping to knock a few out each weekend this summer, to build up some content for this blog.

You can see the original list here, if you want to try it for yourself! http://www.flickr.com/photos/longstreth/2638759061/in/set-72157605994520383

Ryan Claytor said...

Inspiring. Thanks for all the links. You're the best.

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com