Alec Illustration
Portfolio Books Coloring About Contact Blog

December 26, 2014

Season's Bleatings!

I had the honor of drawing a holiday card for one of my favorite organizations this year, The Harry Potter Alliance.  HPA co-founder Paul DeGeorge sent me a couple of ideas over email, and then after a round of sketches, he decided on a depiction of the Dumbledores having a quiet Christmas at Aberforth's house, with all his goats:


I added the message "Season's Bleatings" inside, a pun that I lifted from an old Nickelodeon Magazine illustration that Aaron Renier did.  Nick editor Chris Duffy said it was okay for me to reuse this joke, though he couldn't remember exactly who came up with it.  So thanks to whoever came up with that pun!

As 2014 comes to a close, I'm realizing that I've done a crummy job documenting all the illustration work I did this year.  To rectify this, I'm going to put up some "2014 recap" posts over the next couple of weeks.  I'm also thinking about writing a series of posts about how my comics process has changed recently.  Anyway, there's a lot of new stuff on the way!  Until then, I hope everyone's 2014 wraps up well and that your 2015s get off to a good start!

No comments: