Alec Illustration
Portfolio Books Coloring About Contact Blog

June 10, 2013

Alec's Animal Alphabet: Aardvark

During my last semester at Pratt Institute I started a "series" where I painted one animal for each letter of the alphabet.  These were about 10" square done in acrylic paint.  I got up to Meerkat before school ended.

I began my career as a freelance illustrator after graduating in 2007 and when I came up a little short on rent that year, I finished off the paintings and sold them to my incredibly supportive friends, family and fans.  I also compiled all of the paintings into the book Alec's Animal Alphabet which is still available both as a physical and electronic book over on Lulu.com
I am posting this old work to get it back online after I stopped using Flickr to display my illustration work.  I will be posting one animal per day until I get them all back online!

No comments: