Alec Illustration
Portfolio Books Coloring About Contact Blog

January 18, 2012

100 Watercolors #23 - Cat

I have never been much of a cat person, so when I had to sketch out ideas for this theme, most of what I came up with was pretty negative.  I know there are tons of super-enthusiastic cat people on the internet, and I feared that perhaps even you, dear reader, loved cats.  So I dug a little deeper, and came up with this image:


Personally, I find it kind of terrifying that cats wander around killing small animals and then bring them back to you as a sign of affection.  So for me, this image is totally creepy, but I'm hoping that it will also be totally endearing to cat-lovers.  Eh?!  Maybe?  Hmmm....

In other watercolor news, I received a huge burst of inspiration this week, as Scott C's new book East Dragon, West Dragon arrived in the mail!


Not only is Scott one of my favorite illustrators working today, but the watercolors are beautiful, his character designs are unparalleled and it's full of DRAGONS, so what's not to love?  He's got some samples from the book over on his site, so check them out and order this book.  You won't regret it.

Next week's theme: No Time!

No comments: