Alec Illustration
Portfolio Books Coloring About Contact Blog

April 22, 2011

Nickelodeon Gag #11

Aw man, I thought I was going to have enough time this week to do an extra-cool blog post, but alas, I'm still playing catch-up from my recent trips to New York and Portland, Orgeon.  Next week, I promise!

Instead, this week I have another beaver gag for you all!  This was the last 2007 gag of mine that was accepted and run in Nickelodeon Magazine.



It was pretty fun trying to get across the multiple paddle hits (similar to Neville Longbottom's legs in this illustration I did of him).  You can see me struggling with the no-frame idea here.  I tried ending the composition at the edge of the table, but somehow without the legs it didn't feel like ping pong.  Growing up in the Pacific Northwest, it seemed right to give the beaver a jersey with Oregon State University colors.  Go beavers!

Okay, next week we'll take a break from the gags and take a look at some other illustration stuff I have done recently!  Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: